Flood Carpet Drying Auckland
If you have damage to your carpets and floors due to flooding, you need a wet carpet company that specializes in water extraction. From your wet carpets and also upholstery immediately. Waiting can result in damage to the carpets. This can also lead to mold build up. The sooner you act the better your chances of restoring the carpet to its original condition. Call Flood Auckland today!
This article gives an overview of the flooding carpet drying restoration process. The breakdown between the two types of water damage: primary and secondary damage.
Water Damage Repairs Drying
The main flooding damage is the obvious part that creates the initial alarm. Of course the pipe breaks. Water runs from the kitchen to the dining room. The items and surfaces that become wet with the initial flooding are the primary damage.
The early moments after the flood are some of the most critical. Here are some flood tips.
Safety: You may need to turn off the power at the electrical panel. Definitely, operate off of flashlights until electrical shock from a wet wire is not a risk. Approach electrical equipment with extreme caution.
In any case, please avoid direct contact when flood water is contaminated. Next, find the source of the leak and shut it off. You may need to shut off the water at the main exterior valve. Then call your local flood dry carpet service provider or an insurance agent to get an adjuster out immediately if possible.
Likewise, call Flood Auckland who use powerful truck mounts to first extract the water asap. They can pull the carpet back if necessary or use a method of surface drying. Whereby extracts from the carpet’s surface to below the cushion.
At any rate, if a camera is handy, you should take lots of pictures of the water damage. Before they begin the flood restoration process. Otherwise, have Flood Auckland to take pictures or get the pictures later as an independent professional in case of a dispute. Immediately remove all furniture and colored rugs from the flooded areas. Many types of wood and metal furniture pieces may not only suffer water damage. This can also create permanent stains on the carpet surfaces. Remove all smaller items affected.
Finally, attempt to contain the flooding water if possible until Flood Auckland arrive with extraction equipment. Floods on the upper floors of multistory buildings pose special challenges. Check air ducts for water damage. You should hire dehumidifiers, carpet dryers, and air movers to try to prevent secondary damage.
Hire Carpet Dryer
Dehumidifier Hire Auckland. We offer the best value large dehumidifier hire Auckland wide. Our large industrial dehumidifier rental hire rate is approximately double the value. In comparison with the Auckland hire shops. The best value per capacity $75 + GST per day, for a 90 liter per day capacity dehumidifier rental.
Our air mover blowers and hire carpet dryer fans are again way cheaper. Compared to hire shops also drying service people. 2800 CFM carpet dry blowers only $25 + GST per day.
Flooding Secondary Damage
Meanwhile, the secondary damage is the flood that occurs in the days and weeks to follow. A large amount of moisture will likely still remain in the walls and floor surfaces. As well as other items after the emergency extraction is complete. We strongly recommend that you remove furniture from the affected areas if the relative humidity is heavy. We can give you the Rh reading with a digital meter. Paintings, pictures, posters, and others will begin to absorb the moisture in the air. This definitely can cause irreparable damage. The moisture will slowly begin to travel up the walls. Moisture can travel a few inches high or several feet high.
Our Flood Auckland technicians will perforate your walls and hardwood floors as necessary (with your permission). The vent holes allow moisture to escape. We measure moisture in various surfaces using a non-penetrating, moisture detection tool. The baseboards, wood floors, and other wood surfaces will also begin to absorb the water. Which actually will cause the wood to bend. Picture frames will split at the joints. Baseboards and quarter round molding will pull off away from the walls. In fact, wood floors will begin to cup. Eventually, all surfaces trapping moisture will grow mold and mildew if the temperature is warm enough. Moisture residue will also create a souring smell throughout the room.
The solution to these problems is ample drying equipment, a safe temperature, and chemicals. You’ll need air handlers to circulate the air. Dehumidifiers are designed to dry out the air. Set your temperature to about 25 degrees C. Apply an application of mildew or an antimicrobial to prevent the growth of mold or mildew and the souring smell. As well as to kill bacteria, germs, and viruses (if the water is contaminated). Our flood technicians will make the various determinations for the drying equipment and chemicals needed after the emergency extraction. Monitor the drying process faithfully until all surfaces and cavities are safe again.
Of course, we are completely capable of restoring you various flooring surfaces once the drying process is over. In fact, many customers who do not use Flood Auckland for emergency flood extraction will contact us later. This for the Drying carpet and sub flooring surfaces because we are specialized with repairs.
Underlay often needs replacing. Relay and clean carpet. Wood may require resurfacing or replacement.
Vinyl may or may not require replacing depending on whether mildew develops under the wear layer. Baseboards molding may need reattaching or caulked. Damp basements need longer drying time. Ceramic tiles are usually unaffected. We are also able to recommend contractors to assist with the plumbing problems and structural repairs if needed. Please call Flood Auckland for more details.
Flood Auckland has proudly been providing professional flood restoration services since 1987
EMERGENCY SERVICES GUIDE
Some water carries contaminants and is considered hazardous.
- Technicians are well trained in all phases of disaster response and floods are no exception. Flood damage can arise from the impact of water dousing a fire, broken pipes. It includes also malfunctioning appliances, storms or sewage backups. Some water carries contaminants and is best considered hazardous until expertly analyzed. A proper analysis will assist in presenting proper steps for successful mitigation.
- We provide 24-hour emergency response service. A call to Flood Auckland Operations Center activates a broad, all hazard emergency management system. Designed for immediate deployment of a professional team. This team is armed with the knowledge to effectively address response, mitigation and recovery activities.
After flooding, a professional assessment should begin as a precaution for possible health risks.
- The flood affected area should be analyzed for structural integrity, safety, functional capability, and potential contaminants. The outcome will also determine what is salvageable if anything. Testing and assessment of drywall and carpet should be handled by experts. In the field of flood damage to ensure nothing is overlooked.
- Once mitigation of the damage has begun, a recovery plan will then be executed to restore your property and, if possible, contents.
- We provide 24-hour emergency response service. Designed for immediate deployment of a professional team. This team is armed with the knowledge to effectively address response, mitigation and recovery activities.
- Flood water and raw sewage contain bacteria, blood born pathogens and other organisms which are extremely hazardous to human health. These are transmitted by touching contaminated items or by tracking them in uncontaminated areas. Such as shoes. Seniors, children, and pets are especially vulnerable. Absorbent materials like carpeting and drywall may not be restored after direct contact with contaminated water. Failure to remove contaminated materials can present serious long term health risks. During a floods clean up, the air quality in your home or office may appear the least of your problems. However, address it as well. Flood Auckland uses the latest air scrubbing and disinfection technologies.
Structural Flood Drying
- In order to return a building to its pre-loss condition, a strategy tailored to the specific situation is developed. After removing any contaminated water through pumping, it is often necessary to further remove structurally damaged. When removal is complete, the site is classed as disinfected and the drying process begins.
- At Flood Auckland, we have a variety of methods available to us. Open systems, closed systems, Refrigerant Dehumidifiers, and Desiccant Dehumidifiers. Each method involves air movement which is critical to successful drying. Our water damage technicians are certified and many have advanced certifications. Providing them with the knowledge required to establish and execute a drying plan to quickly. Thoroughly and effectively dry the area while eliminating the chances of secondary damage.
- No doubt, our qualified cleaning technicians use the latest technologies and equipment to properly diagnose and eradicate odors from surfaces. Through immediate and thorough cleaning, we can remove bacteria, organic compounds or chemical compounds. This which are often the source of the odor.
Wet Carpet & Contents
- After a disaster, replacing contents can be more expensive than restoring them.
- Contents associated with a property comprise a considerable portion of any claim. After any disaster, precious belongings are damaged. Determining what is possible to salvage is a critical process. As a matter of fact, flood Auckland Contents Division consists of experienced and professional staff who evaluate items. Determining if they are able to be restored. Our immediate focus is on protecting affected items too and creating a detailed inventory. As well as those deemed non recoverable.
Flooded Furniture Pack Out
- If conditions are hazardous and not suitable for onsite cleaning due to structural damage to the property or security concerns exist, a pack-out may be necessary. Flood Auckland staff exercises great care for all valuables, carefully packing contents and transporting them to our professional and secure facilities. With a proven track record of results and quality, you can trust. Also, Flood Auckland provides contents of specific solutions, by concentrating exclusively on your possessions. Indeed, providing enhanced services with modern technological solutions.
Deodorization and drying chambers
- In addition, deodorization and drying chambers are designed to deodorize and dry various contents. Surely using the most efficient and up to date technology. Contents are contained within the chamber where heat, dehumidifiers, and air movement are introduced. As a matter of fact, this produces fast yet controlled drying. The loading process is simplified with the use of mobile racks and tables. This customized approach reduces handling which increases efficiency thereby reducing our overall processing costs.